Who wants to go to Spain and participate in a free, week-long architectural tour?
Yes, we're calling on you–the A&D community–to enter the Reign in Spain A&D Tour, visiting various parts of Spain and Cevisama 2011, the International Ceramic Tile and Bath Furnishings Show in Valencia. Thanks to the Tile of Spain brand, which is jointly managed by the Trade Commission of Spain and the Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturer’s Association (ASCER), six American journalists and four Reign in Spain winners will get to enjoy a visit to Spain.
Feb. 4: Leave the United States for Madrid, Spain.
Feb. 5-7: Travel to Zaragoza by Spain’s Alta Velocidad Española (AVE), a high-speed train network which is on track to become the world’s biggest network of ultra-fast trains. Spend several days exploring culturally and architecturally significant sites of Zaragoza.
Feb. 7: Travel to the remote Teruel, Spain for a glimpse of its exceptional Mudéjar architecture.
Feb. 8-11: Return to Valencia, the business epicenter of Spain’s ceramic tile industry and the venue for Cevisama 2011. Spend a few days at the tradefair while also touring at least one ceramic tile factory.
Feb. 12: Depart for the United States.
- Round-trip airfare from the United States to Valencia
- Single occupancy hotel room for duration of stay
- All group transportation during the tour; does not include cab or bus fare for city exploration during free time
- Admission to scheduled attractions and tradeshow
- Some group meals
Now, for the qualifications:
- Must be available for the duration of the tour which is from Feb. 4-12, 2010.
- Must be an accredited architect or interior designer current affiliated with AIA, ASID, IIDA or like professional affiliations.
- Must be an architect or interior designer currently living in the United States.
- Must be willing to participate in all activities of the junket, within reason. There will be free time for exploring the cities on your own but most activities, meals and excursions are planned beforehand and are required.
Log on to www.spaintiles.info for more information and an application form starting November 1st.
Deadline is December 1, 2010 and winners will be notified by December 10, 2010.
Good luck architects and designers!