Stylish clothes, beautiful models, and busy city streets. It must be Fashion Week in New York. And to help kick it off, Morgans Hotel Group is providing guests staying at the Royalton Hotel with custom Apple iPads to keep them in the know when it comes to fashion, gossip, and events as well as different hotel services. This new tech amenity is part of the company’s virtual concierge program launch.
All information for in-room dining, housekeeping, wake-up calls, valet parking/bellman, internet, hotel information, transportation options, maps, and directions can be found on these customized iPads. And not to worry. Applications will also keep guests informed of the latest in the Big Apple’s nightlife, restaurants, and lifestyle news in and around the city. To keep guests connected to the hotel, the new platform also offers advanced communication tools for hotel staff, including real time messaging, notes from the general manager, messages regarding programmed events and information on specialty cocktails, and featured menu items from the restaurant.
Other standout features include:
• “The List” – Content sourced from “The List” destination guide, curated by the group’s concierge teams in collaboration with UrbanDaddy
• “Follow Us” – Links to the hotel’s Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter pages
• “Fashion” – Continually updated information on what’s happening in the city during Fashion Week
• “Newspapers” – Links to all of the major media outlets, including The New York TImes, Financial Times, New York Post and Wall Street Journal
• “Sleep Sounds” – Links to soothing sounds to fall asleep to
• “Music” – Links to Royalton, Ames, Delano, Mondrian playlists curated by “Rcrdlbl”